Monday, April 25, 2011

Healthy Cooking


Going green in your kitchen is very easy. Because I am a mother and wife who makes sure that my family eats good, I use organic olive oil. I not only promote healthy cooking thru using organic olive oil but I also promote green living in my own kitchen. Using olive oil instead of butter works good for me. My dishes tastes better and it is way healthier. I am using Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is healthy and taste very yummy. Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is certified USDA Organic and is obtained from organically grown olives, and produced according to organic farming standards.

I use a lot of olive oil in my kitchen. Sometimes, we use olive oil and vinegar for our salad's dressing. We also use olive oil and pepper to dip wheat bread. I cooked a lot of dishes using Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

One of the recipes that I enjoyed making using Carapelli Olive oil is the Zuppa di Farro. This dish is a traditional Tuscan soup and is really good especially during cold days.

Zuppa di Farro
Made with Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil


Ingredients:

3 potatoes, cut in ½-inch cubes
8 oz. can Cannellini beans
4 oz. farro
3 tomatoes, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 fresh sage leaves
½ cup Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 pints vegetable or chicken stock
½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and pepper, to taste



Directions:

  • Cook potatoes in half cup of the Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add garlic and half of the sage leaves; cook 3 - 5 minutes. Add stock and cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Add cooked farro, Cannellini beans, and diced tomatoes and simmer another 15 minutes. Finish with drizzle of Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the other half of the sage leaves. Add parmesan cheese to taste.

Now, if you want to promote healthy cooking, you should use extra olive oil as it is good for you. Take my word, Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is really good. You can find it at any grocery stores nationwide.


======================================================
I received a bottle of Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for free to try and review. All the opinions stated in this post is solely my own.
======================================================

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias