Monday, March 14, 2011

Child's Hearing

Children nowadays have a very short attention span. I notice this when I see children with their parents in coffee shops, in the malls or when we do our grocery. Mothers would tell them to do something, they would for a while then just go do what it was they were doing previously.

Sometimes the mother would keep calling them back and I often wonder if the kids just pretend not to hear the mother. If they weren’t pretending, I hope they have the kids checked in an audiology center. It’s not that I’m saying the kids are deaf, but I read somewhere that when kids don’t respond right away, they may already be showing some signs of hearing loss.

I believe that most of our local hospitals have newborn hearing screenings but if you still suspect that there’s something wrong with a child’s hearing, head over to the nearest specialty clinic or doctors such as the South Florida Audiology Associates. If you have questions about audiology, you can visit http://www.audiologysouthflorida.com and click the "Ask the Doctor" button to send your questions.

Remember, early detection may be significant in preventing and repairing hearing loss.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias