Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shrimp Fried Rice

I always love fried rice. When I was in the Philippines, where I seldom cook because I was "spoiled", my sister always requests for me to cook garlic fried rice because that was what I was good at! I don't want to sound conceited but I can make a good fried rice.

Anyway, I seldom cook fried rice here because I don't have left over rice...lol! The secret to a very good fried rice is making sure that you use a day old left over rice. Freshly cooked rice will make the fried rice mushy.

Ingredients:
left over rice
shrimp
garlic
pepper
green onion (minced)
salt
soysauce or fish sauce
carrots
peas
oil

Directions:
  • Heat oil in the wok and cook shrimp. Set aside.
  • With the remaining oil cook egg. Set aside and sliced.
  • Using a bigger wok, heat oil and saute garlic and green onions. Add rice. Cook until you can hear the rice sizzle.
  • Season with soysauce ( I prefer fish sauce). Add carrots and peas. Cook until veggies are halfway done.
  • Add shrimps and egg. Mixed well and season with pepper.
  • Cook until rice is really hot and serve.
Note: Don't stir the rice too much.

2 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Yum! kami lang ni Rylie mahilig dyan sa shrimp fried rice. Si John gusto eh spam or bacon ang sahog hehehe..

Nagutom tuloy ako upon seeing this.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

You are not conceited lulu coz your fried rice is really looks yummy. In fact it looks better than fried rice in some chinese resto. Do you need help eating your FR? Im willing and able to lend a mouth lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias