Monday, February 13, 2012

Hypothyroidism

When we were in the Philippines, seafood and tropical fruits were of abundance. I feasted on different seaweeds, seashells, and fresh fish. I ate all the food that I can think of that I can't find here in the USA. I never ran out of ideas of what to eat. Needless to say, diet was not a priority during that time.

Anyway, while feasting on seafood and seaweeds it made me think that for a moment I had enough supply of iodine rich foods. Did you know that the thyroid gland uses iodine to produce thyroid hormones? When a person has low thyroid hormones, it may cause hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition characterized by abnormally low thyroid hormone production. There are many disorders that result in hypothyroidism. If you suspect to have this disorder, you may check out hypothyroid treatment austin to know more about this type of health condition.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias