Saturday, September 24, 2011

Preparing for Preschool

In a year or two, my daughter will be entering her preschool years. In one of my readings, I’ve learned that preschoolers do not need many toys. Their imaginations are keener than they will be at any time in their lives, so they enjoy games that use imitation, such as playing house. They imitate what they see their parents are doing: eating meals, mowing the lawn, cleaning the house, arguing and so forth. Preschoolers pretend to be teachers, cowboys, firefighters and store clerks. This is also a crucial stage for her growth and development. I am just glad that I chose to be a stay-at-home mom so that I can see and witness her growth first hand. Right now, I am preparing her for what lies ahead in preschool, I have already bought childrens educational toys for her to play with like colorful blocks, interactive play notebooks and so many more. I also bought coloring books for her to practice her hands in holding crayons. Every day, I see changes, improvements and developments and nothing can compare to the joy and happiness that all these bring. They make me say that I have a done a good job, although I am still beginning and the journey to life is endless.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias