Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Missing Filipino Foods

Despite being able to buy different kinds of foods here in America, my local tastebuds still misses the basic and very common foods in the Philippines. I miss the fresh fish in the market. I miss the fresh vegetables in our backyard and I miss the local fruits too. I never would have thought that I will miss them because I remember how I despise eating them everyday of my life.

Anyhow, I can't wait for our vacation next year. I plan on going home ahead of my hubby so that I can spend longer days in the Philippines together with Andrea. We plan to come home even if it is just 1 week ahead and that will enable us to spend more time with my family and enjoy our vacation.

This will be the first time that I will be traveling alone internationally and with a kid. I am glad that my layover will be in Chicago because they have airport shuttle that I can ride when I transfer from different airport terminals. I just wish that all airports have shuttle services like chicago airport shuttle service because it can help the travelers be comfortable during terminal transfers. Though it will be hard to travel alone, I know I can do it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias