Thursday, March 17, 2011

Self-Defense

As I was rummaging through my old purses which I got out in one of our closets, I came upon an old pepper spray that my parents bought for me years ago. Of course I have to throw it out now because it has long expired, but I remember them telling me to just have one, just in case I might need it.

They were worried about me when I came over to the US to live with my husband and knowing my parents, they were very worried about what kind of neighborhood I would be living in. I knew if only they could let me bring a stun gun, they would too. I don’t blame them, back home (when I was still living in Manila) it really wasn’t safe walking on your own or even when you’re living alone. But as soon as I got here, I reassured them that it was very safe and I told them that my hubby is very protective of my and my safety. I know how important it is for them to know that I am safe given the fact that they are thousands of miles away from me and they are not here to protect me.

We may be living in a safe neighborhood but we are still cautious. We can never be too trustful these days that is why it is important for us to know some self-defense tricks and practices.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias