Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter Safety Tips

Winter is the perfect time for slips, falls and cold germs. That is why I always make sure me and my family take precautions before we leave the house during these cold months. The one thing that has made my life so much easier is dressing in layers. Being too cold is one thing but being too hot is unbearable for me. If I dress in light layers like a t-shirt, cardigan, jacket, scarf and gloves, then when I get too hot it is easy to just peel off a layer. Same thing goes for my kids. I never have to hear any whining about being hot or cold if I just make sure that they dress so that layers can easily come off. Another life saver is antibacterial hand gel. I cannot count the number of times that I have seen my kids do gross things. That is why every couple of hours I squirt a little bit of this magical gel into their hands. A little bit of precaution is worth it when it comes to having 2 kids home sick with the flu. Lastly, I invested in some quality snow boots. This can help prevent wet feet and slips on icy stairs. These provide better traction than every day sneakers. Once we are all dressed and ready all we have to do is set out home alarm from TotalAlarmsystems.com and we are ready to face the elements.

Posted by Darwin Garza


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias