Friday, March 26, 2010

Food Trip Friday: Arroz Caldo



I was craving for some arroz caldo when a friend of mine called me. We decided to cook arroz caldo and we got together and shared some time together telling tales of our lives and playing cards too while watching Filipino channel. What a life! Eating yummy filipino foods, watching filipino shows and be with filipino friends....

I am fortunate that I have many Filipino friends here. It makes me feel at home when I am feeling homesick.
Here's my entry for this weeks Food Trip Friday....

Arroz Caldo


Arroz caldo is actually a Chinese congee that was adapted to the tastes of the Spanish colonial settlers who patronized Chinese restaurants in the Philippines. As the Spanish could not pronounce Chinese, they gave it a Spanish name for easy reference. It is often served to the ill and the elderly, and is favored among Pinoys living abroad in colder climates because it is warm, soft, and easily digestible.

7 comments:

Cecile said...

so love arroz caldo, lalo na pag may chicken at boiled eggs :-)

buti naman at may friends ka dyan...at least di mo masyado na mi miss yung lutong pinoy :-)

Unknown said...

Parang nasa pinas rin, haaay pwedi ko pa maid sa inyo?

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I've been thinking of cooking some, hopefully tomorrow. :)
Happy Friday!!!

Dhemz said...

ayay! wala jud ko ana katilaw dire...ehehehhe!

Jac said...

bagay sa malamig na panahon ang FTF mo sis Yummy!!! happy weekend I'm back na grabe na miss ko kayong lahat!!!
happy weekend mine is here http://emotemylife.blogspot.com/2010/03/food-trip-friday-bacon-wrapped.html

analou said...

I love arroz caldo Lu especially using a native chicken from our beloved country....very delicious.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

love it with hardboiled egg :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias