Friday, September 19, 2008

Salad Sweet Potato Leaves

I have been thinking of eating one of my favorites "atsal talbos ng kamote" salad sweet potato leaves. When I called Mom in Phils, I told her that when I come home I wanna eat a lot of sweet potato leaves. I just love eating those, besides it is a good for me, we all believed that sweet potato leaves is a good blood neutralizer.


Anyway, when we went to Atlanta, I was so happy to find the sweet potato leaves. I could not wait to come home and make me a salad. I was planning on making the salad with coconut milk, but to my dismay when i checked I don't have coconut milk already, but that does not affect my appettite for the dish so i just made a salad without coconut milk.


Here's what I did.


Remove the leaves from the stalk
Bring water to a rolling boil
Put the leaves, and flip it after the first boil. Take it out and drain. Mix it with the vinegar and spices mixture


--- Vinegar and spices mixture---

Vinegar
tomato (cut in small pieces)
onion (cut in small pieces)
ginger (cut in small pieces)
Salt to taste
dash of black pepper



Viola! here's it is....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

di ko am ani si bot na!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Mouth's Delight © 2009 By: Demcy Apdian-Dias